In today’s blog post, top Suffolk wedding Stationer Natalie Welch from Lemon Pie Wedding Stationery shares her top 5 wedding stationery style predictions for 2014:
1. Soft muted colours seem really popular for 2014. So think blush, rose, oyster, soft grey etc. Very subtle, calm colours.
2. There seems to have been a big shift in couples focus on their stationery. More now than ever they are after completely bespoke and personal stationery. I am constantly talking to couples about how they can bring their personalities and hobbies into their stationery or even reference their venue in their stationery design.
3. It's a return to elegance for 2014. Simple, elegant design that's not fussy seems to be key next year. Couples seem to be moving away from anything glitzy or sparkling, so we will see less pearlescent card, less sparkle and less diamantes next year. Smooth, thick card and minimal embellishment lead the way in 2014.
4. With elegance in mind, script fonts are as popular as ever. We're moving away from super modern fonts and returning to flowing, swirling fonts instead. I always suggest to my couples though to use the script font to highlight important information, such as the couples names, and use a simpler font that is easier to read for all the other information.
5. My final predication is that we will see lots of ticket style invitations next year. I am continually being asked for these right now as ticket invitations work perfectly for a variety of themes.
Be sure to drop Natalie an email at
if you would like to discuss your big day or indeed would love to talk about your stationery ideas.