In very basic terms I totally respect your personal information and will only ask you for what information I really need from you. I will look after it in the same way I would want my own looking after, keeping it secure. I will only share it with others where I need their help to deliver my service to you (such as my professional printing laboratory who may need your name and address to post your purchases). Be assured that I will never share your information in any other circumstances – nor will I sell it on elsewhere. Here are more details -
1. The Data we collect As a data controller I collect a variety of data in order to deliver my services, and I will manage your personal data transparently, fairly and securely. I may ask you to provide me the following data –
Weddings: First & Last Name, Contact Telephone Number, Contact Email Address, Contact Address, Wedding Location Information, Wedding Date & Associated Times, Wedding Venue Contact Names, Key Family Member Names & Associations (For the purposes of requested photos), Other Chosen Wedding Vendor Names & Contact Details, Honeymoon Location & Return Date, together with any other ad-hoc information you choose to share with me.
Portraits: First & Last Name, Contact Telephone Number, Contact Email Address, Contact Address, Portrait Location Information, Portrait Session Date & Associated Times, Key Family Member Names, Ages & Associations (For the purposes of requested photos & customer service) together with any other ad-hoc information you choose to share with me.
Headshots: First & Last Name, Contact Telephone Number, Contact Email Address, Business Name, Contact Address, Headshot Location Information, Headshot Session Date & Associated Times, Key Staff Member Names & Associations (For the purposes of requested photos & customer service) together with any other ad-hoc information you choose to share with me.
Where applicable: I will also record a date of birth for all persons I photograph under the age of 13 and require the parent or a legal guardian to consent to photography.
Obviously being a photographic business I also create and manage images as per my contractual agreement(s).
I use the above data to deliver my service to you, for marketing purposes, to personalise your experience and to provide account access (where applicable).
I collect this data on the lawful basis of such areas as obtaining consent, to respond to enquiries, to tell you about services or product which you may have interest, to arrange or fulfil a contract and to meet a legal obligation other than a contract.
When you visit my website I also collect Cookies. These are small pieces of data that websites send to a user's computer and are stored on the user's web browser. They are designed to enable the website to remember information, such as what a user might have put in a shopping cart for example. This helps me personalise your experience, deliver my service to you, to analyse my website visitors and for marketing purposes.
2. Which third parties do we share Personal Data with? I share personal data with the following third parties:
Web Analytics Services - Data is transferred outside of the European Economic Area to United States under the protection of EU/US Privacy Shield.
Email Services - Data is transferred outside of the European Economic Area to United States under the protection of EU/US Privacy Shield.
Email Marketing Services - Data is not transferred outside of the European Economic Area.
Accountancy Services - Data is not transferred outside of the European Economic Area.
Payment Gateway Services - Data is transferred outside of the European Economic Area to United States under the protection of EU/US Privacy Shield.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System - Data is transferred outside of the European Economic Area to United States under the protection of EU/US Privacy Shield.
Website Hosting Services - Data is transferred outside of the European Economic Area to United States under the protection of EU/US Privacy Shield.
There are also certain situations in which we may share access to your personal data without your explicit consent; for example, if required by law, to protect the life of an individual, or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule or regulation.
3. Why do I share your Personal Data with the above? I share your data in order to deliver my services to you, for marketing purposes, to personalise your experience, to provide account access.
We may transfer personal data to a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) if necessary eg if a third party we utilise could have servers located outside of the EEA. If this is the case, we will either obtain your consent or otherwise ensure that the transfer is legal and your data is secure by following the EU's guidelines. You can see above where we send data outside of the EEA and on what basis we do so.
4. How do we keep your personal data secure? I keep your data secure by ensuring encryption across all internal computer systems, by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology when information is submitted to me online and using multiple data back ups both online and offline.
In the unlikely event of a criminal breach of our security we will inform the relevant regulatory body within 72 hours and, if your personal data were involved in the breach, we will also inform you.
6. You have the following rights
- the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- the right of access to your personal data and any supplementary information
- the right to have any errors in your personal data rectified
- the right to have your personal data erased
- the right to block or suppressing the processing of your personal data
- the right to move, copy or transfer your personal data from one IT environment to another
- the right to object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, and
- rights related to automated decision-making (i.e. where no humans are involved) and profiling (i.e. where certain personal data is processed to evaluate an individual).
I also give you the option to manage your data via getting in touch directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to me at Ross Dean Photography, Basepoint Business Centre, 70-72 the Havens, Ransomes Europark, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP3 9BF, UK.
While I do not hold personal data any longer than I need to. The duration will depend on your relationship with us, and whether it is ongoing. I may keep some of your personal data for up to 7 years after our working contract with you has finished for Tax legislation purposes. After this time I will archive your photographs indefinitely along with your relevant details and consent forms. This is due to requests for replacement images being made several years after being taken.